How to treat redness after FUE hair transplant in recipient area?

Hi, I am only a day after my FUE HT so this question might be a bit premature. But in case the redness remains after the "normal" 14 days. How to cure or advance the reducing of the redness? Are calendula creme or aloe vera gel good options?

Redness after FUE

The redness after hair transplant is a result of increased blood supply to the area which at this point is a good thing for you.  It should improve on its own in a few days. 

Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness in the recipient area.

No need to worry.  Be patient the redness will dissipate within the next week in the recipient area.  I don't recommend applying anything for the next two weeks.

Red in FUE donor area one day after a hair transplant

You reported redness in FUE donor area one day after a hair transplant. I would expect that this will go away in the next 4-5 days.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op redness

Post-op redness will occur both in the recipient area and the donor area. The degree and length of time in which both areas will remain pink or red, will largely depend on the individual's skin tone. Redness in the recipient area occurs due to the presence of newly formed blood vessels and inflammation from the placement of the new grafts. Some patients are lucky and either don't experience it at all, or it goes away quickly. It appears that those with fairer skin may be more vulnerable to extended redness. It is better to consult with your surgeon  before using any kind of shampoo or medication. All the best 

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Why should I have Organic Hair Transplantation?

Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.  This includes addressing redness.  Some doctors may give you a steroid pill or a shot.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness after FUE hair transplant in recipient area

The redness remains after the "normal" 14 days is normal and it may stay up to 3-4 months . İt depends on your skin color/fitzpatrick classification .(Lighter your color, more red discolored skin after surgery) ....I recommend you to use nothing for that temporary situation .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon