Will more hairs sprout or is this it after 6 months? (Photos)

I'm 6 months post op 3000 grafts. I have growth but it's very thin with little growth on the top left and right. Hairline is okay. Looking through my post op pictures it looks like they filled in those areas really well, but as of now it looks like a lot has not sprouted yet. Can hairs still sprout after 6 months or do I just have to hope it gets thicker? I have also been using minoxidil for the past 4 months. Thanks.

Hair growth at 6 months.

Be patient, I think you can anticipate a lot more growth at 6 months.  At six months you'll appreciate your changes but the most growth happens between 6-9 months.  Full results can be expected at 9-12 months/

Hair Growth after 6 months

The results so far look great! You can expect to see even more happening over the next 3-4 months and right up until the 1 year mark. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  For example, your result may take 12 months to realize.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Growth of hair after a hair transplant

You must wait it out for at least 5-6 months to see the growth start and 8 months for 80% of the growth to reach a length of about 1 - 1 1/2 inches. By the 12th month fully 95+% should have grown out. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Results

By 6 months you are seeing some good progress. However, it takes between 12-15 months to see the final results. Be patient! Also, make sure to have good follow up with the surgeon who performed your procedure. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

When Will I See Final Results after FUE Hair Transplant? #FUE #Neograft

• So far, it looks like you've had a dramatic improvement from your FUE hair transplant procedure. 
  • At 6 months, you won't be seeing your final results though.
  • Over the next 6 months, you may notice some improved density. 
  • By 12 months post-procedure, you'll be seeing your final results. 
  • Thanks for sharing!

What to expect ?

Transplanted hairs start to visibly regrow between months 4-6. At month 6-9, a patient may expect to see growth for  80% of the transplants. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months. All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon