I'm looking into getting a BBL I'm 21, 5'3 and weigh 145 lbs. is that enough fat to get transferred.

Also about how long do you have to wait before surgery, looking to get it possibly by March of 2017

BBL candidate

Most women with your height and weight would be considered good candidates for BBL, however you would need a consultation to determine if you are a good candidate for a BBL.

Weight Gain (or Loss) & BBL, Brazilian Butt Lift, Butt Implant, & Butt Augmentation

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. It can potentially.  It really depends where the fat is distributed.  I would need to see photos or in-consultation to make that determination. 
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

I have gotten very nice results from patients less than 100 lbs, so I think it is likely that you have enough fat to get what you would like.Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

BBL candidate

It's hard to tell if you have "enough" fat without seeing photos however you can quickly check your BMI for more information. The best way to know is to consult with an experienced plastic surgeon in person. Watch this brief video for more information.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

It's a good question, but it really requires an in person exam. During the exam your surgeon will evaluate the amount of extra fat located on your abdomen, back, flanks, thighs and decide how much extra you have to donate to your buttocks. The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and size of your buttocks currently. You'll get the best answers by visiting a board-certified plastic surgeon in person. Good luck with your upcoming surgery.

BBL fat amount

Great question.  It is difficult to assess your body structure or amount of fat by just height and weight, the best recommendation is to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon so that a proper examination can be performed and recommendation provided.  With that said, what I usually tell patients is that I will try my best to remove as much fatty tissue as possible from all areas of the body so that I have enough tissue to transfer to the buttock.  This amount also depends on the degree of augmentation you desire.\If you do not have enough fatty tissue, another option is gluteal implants, or a combination of both.  Best of luck and hope this information help!- Dr. Roger Tsai   

Roger Tsai, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

BMI, Waiting and Brazilians

I'm not quite sure what to reference is in regards to waiting. If you're 18 years old you can have the procedure done tomorrow if you want it. BMI it's not a good indicator if someone is a good candidate for either liposuction or fat transfer procedures. Fat distribution is much more important. In other words. where do you carry your body fat? For some people they may not have enough available subcutaneous fat for the ideal Brazilian but they may have enough for a very nice enhancement. In those cases the patient has to decide how much benefit justifies having the procedure. These decisions are always best made in the presence of board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in this procedure. I suggest having several in person consultations with board-certified plastic surgeon's who specialize in fat transfer procedures. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

BBL versus BBL and buttocks implant

Whether you can get a BBL only or consider a BBL with a buttocks implant is based on your current buttocks size, desired buttocks shape, and amount of fat you have to provide for the transfer. We have many patients that undergo both procedures at once in order to maximize increase in buttocks size. A consultation is necessary to provide you a definitive recommendation.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Thank you for your question.I would recommend that you schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your body and see if you are a good candidate for BBL or not. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely.  If you do not have enough fat to achieve your cosmetic goals then you may be a better candidate for buttock implants. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift. Depending on how busy the surgeon is determines how quickly you can schedule your consultation/surgery date. Some surgeons can fit you in within days/weeks and others can be booked out for months so I would start booking consultations now.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

It is not so much your height and weight, but whether or not you have adequate donor sites for harvesting.