Should my stomach be this lumpy 11 weeks post BBL? (Photos)

I'm 11 weeks post bbl and I know it's supposed to take up to 6 months, even a year for the lumps to subside. I see pockets of fat and indentations that aren't uniform. Will my tummy flatten out?

Bumps and lumps after liposuction

Hello,  thank you for your question and photos.  Irregularities after liposuction is an issue that you be discussed before surgery.  Although it's too early to predict the final outcome you should talk to your PS about your concern.  Sometimes ultrasounds massages helps to minimize the bumps and lumps.  Have a great day. 

Lumps after liposuction

Lumps or uneven contours after liposuction are usually directly related to how the procedure was performed targeted Early on some lumps maybe due to uneven swelling and inflammation but at 11 weeks the majority of swelling has dissipated. These results are in fairly good indication of what your final results will be. I don't believe massage or any other intervention other than surgical revision will correct your concerns. I suggest following up and discussing your concerns with your plastic surgeon. The two of you can discuss if any type of revision is indicated. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Should my stomach be this lumpy 11 weeks post BBL?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are three months out from your surgery, and you will continue to improve some. What will NOT improve is the irregular liposuction that you had. Especially in the side and 3/4 view you do have a lower abdominal "shark bite". Most likely you will need a secondary procedure. The side views show asymmetric liposuction of the waist/hips, better "S" curve on the right than left. Stay close to your surgeon, and communicate your feelings about the results. If there's loss of trust, seek a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in advanced body sculpting techniques. Remember, a secondary procedure is not a "touch up", it is more difficult surgery due to the internal scarring that you developed from the first operation. I prefer to use the VASER technique in these difficult secondary cases. Good luck with your healing.

Lumps and bumps are actually common after liposuction. Make sure you get professional lymphatic massages 1-2 per week minimum and or endermologie ASAP as these surface irregularities can become permanent if they are present after 3-4 months. I recommend for my patients to start the massage weeks 2 after surgery and continue for 4-6 weeks.