Should I lose weight for my bbl - 5'4, 170lbs? (photos)

Hello, I am 5'4 and weigh 170. I am planning to have a BBL early 2017. I was 185 and slowly im reaching my goal of 150. I feel conflicted as I want to loose the remaining 20lbs to have a tiny waist but I also want to have enough for a rather big transfer to my butt. Should I drop some now weight now or wait until after?

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.It is highly recommended for patients to have a BMI of 30 or less before undergoing elective surgery and yours is slightly under that. I usually recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done but I would discuss this with your surgeon and see what they recommend for optimal results. 
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Weight and BBL

Its a slippery slope, because you need fat to harvest. If you go on to lose weight  now, you may not have enough fat to give you a nice BBL. If you lose weight after surgery, then your butt may shrink.

BBL

Hello, thanks for your inquiry and for sending your pictures, first of all, congratulations on your weight loss, nowadays could be so hard with so much processed food at hand. It is better that you are closer to your ideal weight as much as possible and keep it stable as long as possible. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon