Can I take Ibuprofen after surgery?

Can I take ibuprofen after my surgery to get off the pain meds or is it too much of abloom thinner?

Talk to your Plastic Surgeon about Medication Use

Prescription and over the counter #medication use are not a matters that  surgeons or physicians than your own can advise on, without seeing you in-person or knowing your #medical history and surgical details. Therefore, its best to ask your surgeon this and about any additional medication use you have concerns about. 

Dr. Derby Sang

every surgeon has there own antibiotic preference, i suggest you to discuss this with your PS.

best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

When can I take Ibuprofen after surgery?

Taking Ibuprofen after surgery needs to be directed specifically by your surgeon. Each surgeon may have different perspectives about Ibuprofen depending on their past experiences.  I personally like Ibuprofen for my patients, but there are circumstances where I do not allow it (like if I have prescribed a blood thinner to help prevent blood clots).

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Ibuprofen After Mommy Makeover

This is something you should clear with your surgeon. For my patients, I do not want them taking any blood thinners for two weeks after surgery. If pain medication has been stopped but something is needed, Tylenol is OK. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Can I take ibuprofen after my surgery?

Thank you for your recent question and congratulations on your recent surgery!  Each surgeon has there own preference on thoughts of taking ibuprofen after surgery.  I recommend my patients refrain from this until 2 weeks post-op.  I would recommend you discuss with your surgeon there preference.  Best of Luck!

Can I take Ibuprofen after surgery?

Well this one is really up to the surgeon. You want to make sure they are ok with it. The literature is pretty clear however that it dos not increase your risk of surgical bleeding. No aspirin will for sure do that. But, check with your surgeon. They may not want you to use it. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Ibuprophen after and before surgery?

Hi alaexcited

Ibuprophen like other NSAID's tend to be blood thinners and a single pill can affect ability to clot for up to about 9 days!  It is best to discuss all medications with your doctor before you take them.

Good luck.

Sek

Ibuprofen after Surgery

Every doctor has a different protocol on what medications are safe to take after surgery so its always best to check with the doctor treating you. Generally ibuprofen is known to thin the blood which could increase bleeding risks after surgery. 

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic surgery - is ibuprofen ok afterwards

Thank you for asking about your cosmetic surgery and ibuprofen.

Any medicines you take after surgery should be approved by your own surgeon. I let my patients take ibuprofen 24 hours after surgery - but other surgeons have other approaches.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS