Does a mommy makeover ever include lipo of the thighs and arms?

Mommy Makeover

This is commonly done. You will need to be seen in person to determine what can be done safely. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in breast surgery and body contouring surgery for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon you choose. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself #tummytuck #liposuction #mommymakeover

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

A Mommy Makeover includes whatever YOU want it to include! The beauty of a Mommy Makeover is that it is customized to each individual patient, so that her specific concerns and trouble areas are addressed. I tell my patients there is no exact formula to my Mommy Makeover procedures. So if you want yours to include liposuction of the thighs and arms, then you absolutely can. I recommend consulting in person with a board certified plastic surgeon to confirm you are a candidate for these procedures. Best of luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

Yes it can.  A mommy makeover refers to multiple variants of combined procedures such as Breast augmentation/lift, Tummy Tuck, Liposuction and BBL.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Yes, it can include liposuction of any area, but be careful with doing too much at once

A mommy makeover usually just refers to a combined procedure involving a breast procedure and a stomach procedure. It is not a scientifically defined termed by any means - an augmentation with liposuction of the stomach, a breast lift and a tummy tuck, a breast reduction and a mini-tummy tuck, etc. could all be considered "mommy makovers". So yes you could also do liposuction of the arms or thighs at the same time.

I would encourage you to talk with your surgeon about the amount of surgery planned though. As multiple procedure are combined together, it can greatly increase the stress on the body and increase the magnitude of your recovery as well as the potential for complications. 

For my own patients, I use the somewhat morbid example of suppose I was in a car accident and broke my arm - I would probably be taken to the hospital, they would cast it and send my home the same day. If 3 months later I was in another accident and broke my other arm, it would be the same outcome - home that same day in a cast. If three months after that I broke a leg in an accident, I would likely be sent home in a cast (hopefully with some additional safety counseling at this point!). However, if I was in a car accident that broke both my arms and both my legs at the same, it would probably result in me ending up in an ICU somewhere as it would overwhelm my body to deal with all of this at the same time.

For this reason, I think it is important to talk with your surgeon about your overall goals and come up with a reasonable treatment plan that always prioritizes your safety. And this must be individualized for each patient based on age and health status. I would consider it much more reasonable to perform multiple simultaneous procedures on a young healthy patient, while on an older patient I would be much more cautious about doing this.

Mommy make over

Mommy Make over is a combination surgery of the abdomen and the breast.

adding liposuction makes the procedure longer, bigger and potential for complications increase.

Think of the recovery and the amount of pain in different areas and the fact that after surgery you need to function to take care of your self. walk , move around, to decrease the risk of complications

Mommy make-over - can liposuction be done too?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• A mommy make-over is a tummy tuck with some kind of breast surgery - depending on what is needed.
  • Yes, liposuction of the arms and legs can be done at the same time 
  • Other areas of liposuction - such as the flanks - are usually done as well.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Typically, a mommy makeover is a procedure that includes modifying the breasts (enlargement, reduction, or lift) and contouring the abdomen (liposuction, mini-tummy tuck, or full tummy-tuck). However, any procedure can be added to this as pregnancy, hormone changes, and weight fluctuations can affect many other areas of the body. So, the answer is yes.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

A "mommy makeover" can include anything that you want it to. It is essentially a term that has gained popularity that encompasses more than one procedure to get your pre-baby body back. It is most common to have a combination of breast surgery such as a breast augmentation or breast lift with a tummy tuck. In reality all of our bodies don't end up needing the same exact surgery the other mom's in this world. I therefore offer a discounted price (the discount is larger and more beneficial if more procedures are done togehter) on a "mommy makeover", but tailor the plan to be specific to each patient and what they want/need. 

A "Mommy Makeover" is the term for the correction of the various anatomical changes that result from pregnancy in order to regain a pre-pregnancy body appearance. The term “Mommy Makeover” has many different definitions depending on the surgeon and entails different combinations of procedures. A tummy tuck, selective areas of liposuction, and a breast augmentation with or without a lift are frequently performed in combination or can be performed sequentially. It is possible to do a “Mommy Makeover” without a breast surgery in patients with the appropriate anatomy.

I would suggest that you see a plastic surgeon who is a diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. The surgeon should discuss your desired outcome, examine you, and then discuss the pros and cons of the various options. Whether you are a candidate, depends on your medical history, stability of your weight, anatomical findings, physical exam as well as the desired outcome. You need to be realistic about your desired outcome.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover question

Hello and thank you for the question. Mommy makeovers typically include the breast and tummy. Areas that are commonly changed after pregnancy. It's a basic term and can involve mutliple procedures, including liposuction. 

Each procedure is tailored to meet the individual patient's needs and goals. Your underlying health will determine if you are a safe candidate for these procedures. 

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any final decisions. As always, it's best to be healthy, no smoking, and make sure any health conditions you have are managed by your primary care doctor. Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon