Faja compression garment before surgery?

Should I be wearing a compression garment daily before surgery ? My friend says wearing it prior to surgery will train the waist and make surgery easier. I have 3 months before mommy makeover surgery.

Faja before surgery

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Interesting question -
  • We have no research to answer your question.
  • We do know from Victorian days that very tight corsets can change the ribs and waist shape -
  • The problem is, they make it harder to breathe.
  • I would ask your surgeon if sh/e has any feelings about it but my preference would be for patients to exercise and eat fresh fruits and vegetables as surgical preparation and leave the faja to later, when needed.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I am not sure there is any truth to this statement. It has been my experience that patients get really tired of wearing their compression garment after the 4-6 weeks that I recommend after surgery. I would be afraid that if you wear one for months before surgery that you will be even more frustrated and tired of the garment. 

Compression Garment

I have not found it useful in my practice to advise patients to wear compression prior to surgery. It can't hurt you so it is up to you. Best wishes. 

Faja before tummy tuck

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

more that the faja use, weight loss is the best ally for a better contour after your surgery.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey