Can I have a mini face lift with just local shots and oral medication ?

Anesthesia for a mini lift.

In the same way that a mini facelift may be a different operation in various surgeons’ hands, the type of anesthestic will vary depending on the surgeon. In my practice, I give patients the option of local anesthesia alone, local anesthesia with oral medications, a twilight anesthetic, or a general anesthetic. My primary goal is to ensure the safety and comfort of my patients, and each patient has different anesthetic needs. Many other surgeons will feel the same way. I recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical goals and anesthetic concerns. Together with your surgeon, you can develop a plan that is best for you.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini lifts with local anesthetic

Modified facelifts can be done with local anesthetic and medications by mouth.  We do approximately 60% of the patients in our office this way and we have great results.

Mini face lift vial local anesthesia

Many plastic surgery procedures may be performed in the office via local anesthesia, with only local shots and possible oral medication. IV anesthesia or general anesthesia is often used too, either in the office surgical suite or hospital facility. The decision on the type of anesthesia is dependent on many factors, including procedure itself, patient preference, surgeon preference, and medical conditions. Generally speaking, local anesthesia may be considered for a mini face lift. If you haven't already, then speak with a plastic surgeon to review options.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face/neck lifts can be done under local anesthesia quite easily and almost painlessly

Doing the tumescent local for face/neck lifts is such a great art and safer with better results and very little to minimal discomfort.  A little IV sedation is even better. cost is roughly $8800 on special. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini Lift Can Be Done While You're Awake

One of the advantages of a mini-lift over a full rhytidectomy (facelift), is that it can be performed with minimal anesthesia. At my center, I usually use just local injections of a numbing agent plus oral medication to keep you relaxed. You will be awake for the procedure. If you prefer not to be awake, we'll administer a light anesthesia. This makes your recovery easier and decreases downtime. I hope this helps you make your decision.

Mini Facelift with Local Anesthesia

If you are in good health then a facelift and necklift can be performed safely by either local anesthesia with oral sedation, intravenous sedation, or general anesthesia in my practice. The key is for you to feel most comfortable. Many patients select local anesthesia with sedation as they are afraid of General Anethesia, whereas other patients are afraid of being aware or feeling the injections at the beginning of the procedure.
General anesthesia is safer than many patients think, but if you are uncomfortable with the idea of being fully knocked out then your facelift can be performed with local anesthesia with IV sedation. Your doctor will check thoroughly to be certain that general anesthesia is safe for you. In any case, you are safest in the hands of a Board Certified Anesthesiologist who can monitor you regardless of the anesthesia type you choose. The most important decision you can make is deciding on the most qualified plastic surgeon (see link below) whose job it is to guide you on decisions such as the ones you are considering.
#faceliftanesthesia
#faceliftanesthesiachoices

Yes, in the proper hands, facelifts can be performed under local anesthesia and oral sedation

Thank you for posting your query. I have performed thousands of facelifts, neck lifts, mini lifts, blephs, lasers and chin implants all under local anesthesia and oral sedation. Done properly, patients are comfortable and have an easier recovery. There is an art and science to this local anesthesia technique to acquire a high level of patient comfort. My patients do not even require a narcotic prior or during their their procedures thus reducing nausea. The risks, both short term and long term, of general anesthesia are eliminated. Please consult with several board certified surgeons experienced in facelifting and also in local anesthesia techniques.

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Thank you for your question. Yes, a mini face lift can be performed in the office with oral sedation and local anesthesia.

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Can mini facelift be done under local anesthesia ?

The short answer is yes, it can be done under local anesthesia.  The more complicated answer is that you should focus on obtaining the result you envision and that takes more than zeroing in on local anesthesia vs. other methods like IV sedation or general anesthesia.  Consult with the best board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. They will be able to offer you all three methods, local, IV sedation or general anesthesia, and you get to choose. Those who offer only local anesthesia may not have the certification in their operating rooms to do anything other than local anesthesia, so that is all they offer. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelift Without General Anesthesia

Yes, "mini-facelifts" can absolutely be done with local anesthetic and mild oral sedation. I have performed hundreds of mini-lift procedures this way in my career with excellent results.  I tell all patients that there will be some discomfort initially with the anesthetic injections, but following this step patients are able to relax and have their procedure performed without any pain.  I would be happy to see you for a complemenatary consultation to discuss your options.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon