Affordable Plastic Surgeon in NYC for Torn Earlobe?

My daughter's earlobe was split due to an earring being snatched out of her ear. This happened about 2 years ago. I've prolonged searching for someone to repair it because, 1-she was about 13 when this happened and she's terrified of needles. 2- I have always been told that my insurance may not cover it and the procedure was expensive. She's about to turn 16 and wants nothing more than to have her ear repaired. I live in NYC and I am currently seeking someone that's affordable to repair it.

Torn Earlobe Repair in NYC

As a board certified plastic surgeon practicing out of NYC and specializing in torn earlobe repair, I would be more than happy to meet with you in person and to discuss your options. Please feel free to visit my page for more information on the procedure and to watch my video in which I explain the implications/benefits of correcting a torn earlobe by clicking here.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear

Ear Lobe surgery cost varies significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.

#earlobesurgery
#earloberepair
#earloberepaircost

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Earlobe reconstruction in a major city will not be appropriate for a major city.

The ear lobe reconstruction will be anywhere from $500-$2500 or more depending how you go to and how the earlobe looks. It shouldn't really be more than a $1000, though. 

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Torn earlobe repair in NYC

This is an office based procedure. My office would be glad to work with you to ascertain whether repair would be covered by insurance. If not, closure of a simple earlobe laceration is about $750 and I recommend that, should she wish to repierce the ear, it be done by the operating surgeon at a very small additional cost to insure that the new hole is not placed in the scar, which can result in a repeat laceration over time.

Torn earlobe

A torn earlobe can sometimes be covered by insurance but often times it can not.  Contact a plastic surgeon in your are after you contact your insurance company to find out their criteria for coverage.  Good luck.

Ear Lobe Repair

Regarding: "Affordable Plastic Surgeon in NYC for Torn Earlobe?
My daughter's earlobe was split due to an earring being snatched out of her ear. This happened about 2 years ago. I've prolonged searching for someone to repair it because, 1-she was about 13 when this happened and she's terrified of needles. 2- I have always been told that my insurance may not cover it and the procedure was expensive. She's about to turn 16 and wants nothing more than to have her ear repaired. I live in NYC and I am currently seeking someone that's affordable to repair it
."

Repairing torn ear lobes is not a sophisticated and demanding operation and the vast majority of Plastic surgeons should do a good job. Fees for doing the procedure will vary widely and you may want to get several quotes from surgeons you like before proceeding. Unfortunately, New York is an expensive town and the fees there are much higher than they would be in other locations.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Repair of Split Ear Lobe

Repair of a torn ear lobe ranges in price due to the complexity of the case.  Simple tears car be repaired in less than an hour in the office under local anesthesia.  New trends in ear lobe "Gauging", cause the ear lobes to become markedly distorted and stretched.  Large complex cases like these usually require more operative time and more sophisticated reconstructive surgical correction.  Please visit my website to learn more.  Good Luck.... Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Split earlobe

Repair split ear lobe can range from $ 750-1500

Find a competent surgeon rather than price. Repair of a botched job is more expensive