How Much Does It Cost for Gauged Earlobe Reconstruction?

a few years ago I stretched my ears. since then I have had a change in employment and would like to have them corrected. I was wondering how much it would cost?

Cost for Earlobe Reconstruction

• Ear Lobe surgery cost varies significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.
  • #earlobesurgery
  • #earloberepair
  • #earloberepaircost

Fixing gauged earlobes

Geographic costs and names of experienced doctors can be found on Real Self or the websites for the American Society of plastic surgeons for the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery

Cost to Repair Gauged Earlobes

The cost of reconstructing a gauged earlobe will vary depending on the extent of damage, the amount of scar tissue and the complexity of the repair. The patient's desire to re-pierce or re-gauge the ear in the future also affects the technique used to reconstruct the lobe. Depending on these factors, as well as the part of the country you are in, the cost of reconstructing a gauged earlobe can vary from $400-$1000 per earlobe. I would recommend having a consult with an experienced board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in order to evaluate the best surgical options in your individual case. Good luck!

Sarmela Sunder, MD

Price for gauged earlobe closure around 1k in Las Vegas, Nevada

Although the price may vary from region to region, here in Las Vegas we charge about 1k for both sides, if they are significant earlobe defects.  I've also seen a number of individuals joining the Air Force here in Vegas, and they need to be repaired prior to Basic.  Needless to say, find a good board-certified plastic surgeon to do the work.  Good luck!

Samuel Sohn, MD

Gauged Earlobe Reconstruction Costs

The costs of this repair vary by region and the experience of the surgeon. In Portland, we charge $500 per ear for stretched earlobes as there is more complexity to this repair. I hope this helps.

Have a great day.

Michael Kim, MD

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much will it cost to close my large gauge holes?

Believe it or not, this is a common question.  When the military recently started awarding large "sign up" bonuses to new recruits, we had an increase in patients requesting closure of the large holes left by Gauges in the ear lobes (the military will not let you in with these in place).

Due to this, I see more patients with requests to close the holes left from gauges.  The procedure is done under local anesthesia and takes about 1 hour.  You can expect to pay between $600-$800 total depending on the size of the holes. Usually, we ask patients to remove the gauges for six weeks to let the skin shrink some before performing the procedure. Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Gauge repairs

Repair of earlobe deformities is a common request and a relatively simple procedure to have performed. . Most of the cases are torn earlobes where a person's earring splits the edge of the lobe. Some people call this a "Pacman" deformity. This usually takes about 15 minutes to repair and the cost is around 250 per side. More complex repairs, such as required to close gauge holes would cost more depending on the complexity. In my practice I have realized that most patients requesting this repair are young men who don't have a lot of money or are trying to enlist in the military. For this reason, I keep the price reasonable, about $300 to 400 per side. I have heard of surgeons charging as much as $1000 per side which is ridiculous. Once a surgeon has done a lot of these, they become pretty straightforward.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Ear lobe Repair costs

Generally, this procedure costs $700-1200 depending on the situation. Like any other procedure, the skill and experience level of the surgeon is important and complications may arise-seek consultation with a well-trained board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Cost of gauged earlobe repair.

I typically would charge from $750 to $1000 for both ears with a deformity such as yours.  This can be done in the office with local anethesia in about an hour.

THE COST FOR RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY FOR STRETCHED OR GAUGED EARLOBES

the cost of treating a gauged or stretched ear lobe is variable and may be anywhere between $750-$1000, per earlobe.

drcordoba.com

Dr. Carlos Cordoba
MDCM, CSPQ, FRCS, FACS
Plastic & Esthetic Surgeon
4055 Ste-Catherine O. Suite 100
Montreal, QC. Canada H3Z 3J8
514-932-7667

Carlos Cordoba, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon