a few years ago I stretched my ears. since then I have had a change in employment and would like to have them corrected. I was wondering how much it would cost?
How Much Does It Cost for Gauged Earlobe Reconstruction?
Doctor Answers 22
Cost to repair gauged earlobes
In Colorado, this service is offered for $400 to $800 per ear, depending upon the complexity of the closure. Simple excision of the skin periphery and closure of the hole is a bit cheaper. However, you can end up with an irregular earlobe and a long scar if the lower region is severely deformed. It may be best to surgically remove the skin excess here in order to regain a smooth and even earlobe.
Cost for Earlobe Reconstruction
- Ear Lobe surgery cost varies significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:
1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.
2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?
3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.
Fixing gauged earlobes
You might also like...
Cost to Repair Gauged Earlobes
Price for gauged earlobe closure around 1k in Las Vegas, Nevada
Although the price may vary from region to region, here in Las Vegas we charge about 1k for both sides, if they are significant earlobe defects. I've also seen a number of individuals joining the Air Force here in Vegas, and they need to be repaired prior to Basic. Needless to say, find a good board-certified plastic surgeon to do the work. Good luck!
Gauged Earlobe Reconstruction Costs
The costs of this repair vary by region and the experience of the surgeon. In Portland, we charge $500 per ear for stretched earlobes as there is more complexity to this repair. I hope this helps.
Have a great day.
Michael Kim, MD
How much will it cost to close my large gauge holes?
Believe it or not, this is a common question. When the military recently started awarding large "sign up" bonuses to new recruits, we had an increase in patients requesting closure of the large holes left by Gauges in the ear lobes (the military will not let you in with these in place).
Due to this, I see more patients with requests to close the holes left from gauges. The procedure is done under local anesthesia and takes about 1 hour. You can expect to pay between $600-$800 total depending on the size of the holes. Usually, we ask patients to remove the gauges for six weeks to let the skin shrink some before performing the procedure. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Ear lobe Repair costs
Cost of gauged earlobe repair.
I typically would charge from $750 to $1000 for both ears with a deformity such as yours. This can be done in the office with local anethesia in about an hour.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.