I was wondering if the size of the gauge would make a difference in the price? I'm currently waiting on my ears to heal so I can ship off to basic and I want to get it done ASAP. I stopped at a 2G which is considered the point of no return but they have healed back to a 10G and aren't that visible but my recruiter informed that if there is any light showing through them I won't be eligible. So how much does it roughly cost?
How Much Does It Cost to Have Gauged Ears Fixed?
Doctor Answers 25
Surgery to close stretched ear lobes
In this case, size does matter.
Smaller gauging is simpler to repair and therefore costs less. Pricing also varies depending upon which part of the country you live in.
Here in Richmond, Va. our pricing starts at $200 per ear for simple linear tears and goes up to $450 per ear for larger gauging repair.
The procedure is done in the office under local anesthesia. I use dissolvable sutures and do not use dressings so patients can get back to their lives right away.
I hope you find a good surgeon in your area who can help. Best wishes
Gauged ear repair
I usually charge $850-1200 but you can certainly find someone to do a simple closure for around $350-500 but is unlikely to offer an aesthetic result.
All the best,
Rian A. Maercks M.D.
You might also like...
Cost for Ear Reconstruction
- Ear Lobe surgery cost varies significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:
1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.
2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?
3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.
Cost for earlobe repair
Geographic costs and names of experienced doctors can be found on Real Self or the websites for the American Society of plastic surgeons for the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery
Discounts for military members and recruits
Earlobe repair cost
Because of the variety of different causes, earlobe repair may vary in complexity. A price range would be $500-$900 per earlobe. This will vary also depending on the region of the country you are in and the surgeon's expertise. I have use some special techniques to minimize scarring and notching that can be seen if not reconstructed in experienced hands. This repair can be performed comfortably under local anesthesia to avoid any additional fees such as anesthesia fees. Earlobes can be re-pierced 6 weeks later if desired.
Consult with an experienced board certified facial plastic / plastic surgeon in you area.
Gauge earlobe repair costs
How much does it cost to have earlobe repaired?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.