How Much Does It Cost to Have Gauged Ears Fixed?

I was wondering if the size of the gauge would make a difference in the price? I'm currently waiting on my ears to heal so I can ship off to basic and I want to get it done ASAP. I stopped at a 2G which is considered the point of no return but they have healed back to a 10G and aren't that visible but my recruiter informed that if there is any light showing through them I won't be eligible. So how much does it roughly cost?

Surgery to close stretched ear lobes

Hi Jacob

In this case, size does matter. 

Smaller gauging is simpler to repair and therefore costs less. Pricing also varies depending upon which part of the country you live in. 

Here in Richmond, Va. our pricing starts at $200 per ear for simple linear tears and goes up to $450 per ear for larger gauging repair. 

The procedure is done in the office under local anesthesia. I use dissolvable sutures and do not use dressings so patients can get back to their lives right away. 

I hope you find a good surgeon in your area who can help. Best wishes

Dr S

Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repairs

For me repairing earlobe gauge repair is pretty simple, taking only about 10 minutes a side. Prices vary quite a bit from surgeon to surgeon, so it pays to call around for prices. I usually charge $300 to 400 per side. Don't pay an outrageous price for something that's pretty straightforward. Many surgeons try to make you think this is a complicated procedure and therefore you should pay a lot for it .  I don't buy into that.  I've done about 70 cases, it takes less than one hour, and if enjoy doing these repairs. So I try to make it affordable.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Gauged ear repair

I usually charge $850-1200 but you can certainly find someone to do a simple closure for around $350-500 but is unlikely to offer an aesthetic result.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Cost for Ear Reconstruction

• Ear Lobe surgery cost varies significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgeon you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Most procedures will be performed in a doctor’s office where costs can be contained. If not will it be performed in a hospital or an independent out- patient facility? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia – local anesthesia is typical and less costly. If IV sedation or General Anesthesia is used: Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc.
  • #earlobesurgery
  • #earloberepair
  • #earloberepaircost

Cost for earlobe repair

Earlobe reduction usually cost between $500 and $1500 dollars depending upon the complexity of the correction, the surgeons experience, and city in which the surgery is being performed. Most offices can arrange for payment plans. Banks, credit cards, Care Credit, Proper are just a few of the companies that offer plans. Many are no interest for 12-18 months.
Geographic costs and names of experienced doctors can be found on Real Self or the websites for the American Society of plastic surgeons for the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery

Discounts for military members and recruits

Some surgeons provide a discount for members of the military and recruits. Be sure to ask surgeons in your area if they do when you schedule your consultation. This procedure is typically performed under local anesthesia, requires less than one hour, and is effective for ear lobes with large gauges and those torn completely through as well. Prices will run between $600 and 1200.00 for both ears. Thank you for your service!

Earlobe repair cost

The cost for earlobe repair is a common question. Earlobes requiring repair can be from a variety of reasons. Some may include a torn earlobe from a pulled earring, gauged earlobes that are now unwanted, facelift surgery causing pulled earlobes, or just simply elongated from older age.

Because of the variety of different causes, earlobe repair may vary in complexity. A price range would be $500-$900 per earlobe. This will vary also depending on the region of the country you are in and the surgeon's expertise. I have use some special techniques to minimize scarring and notching that can be seen if not reconstructed in experienced hands. This repair can be performed comfortably under local anesthesia to avoid any additional fees such as anesthesia fees. Earlobes can be re-pierced 6 weeks later if desired.

Consult with an experienced board certified facial plastic / plastic surgeon in you area.

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Gauge earlobe repair costs

If the earlobes have only been slightly scratched, then the procedure is like a typical earlobe repair. Our earlobe repair costs starts at $500 and moves up depending on the complexity of the repair and whether both sides are involved.

Earlobe Repair

We price our earlobe repairs depending on the complexity. Typically for gauges, we will charge $450-750.  Of course, the city you are in and the training/experience of the surgeon will make a difference.  Best of luck to you.

Larry Pollack, MD

How much does it cost to have earlobe repaired?

Costs for an earlobe repair will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, and surgeon fee.  A range in price ~$500-1500 is not unreasonable.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing earlobe for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD