What are the limitations for liposuction in NYC when combined with a scar revision from a previous tummy tuck 4/2014?

Ive lost some weight and the lower portion of my stomach is getting that pouch/pudge again to where I can grab it again !!! ( it wasn't tight to begin with) I do not wish to return to the surgeon who previously preformed my tt.. I am looking into getting a bbl, I know in NYS the amount of liposuction for a single procedure is 5 liters. The BCPS I hoping to do the procedure is known to do a 5 liter fat removal. By combining the 2 procedures, would the amount of lipo have to be reduced?

Liposuction limits

5000cc liposuction is the limit.  A majority of the fat can be transferred to your buttocks to augment the size and shape.  The looseness of your lower abdominal skin will need to be assessed first.
Best of luck.
Dr. T

Limits

Limits are set for YOUR safety. The 5000cc limit is for the US -- this is for your safety. There are plenty of competent surgeons who do compassionate safe surgery. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

BBL/liposuction

Thank you for your question. This really can only be determined with a physical examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. If you have that amount of fat that can be removed then it is possible but not all of it will be able to be injected into the buttock area because injecting too much fat at once will increase the chance of the fat cells not surviving. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks and area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

The recommended upper limit for liposuction on an outpatient basis throughout the U.S. is 5 Liters. You  would need to be examined by a Board Certified PS  with lots of experience performing the BBL procedure to best assess your candidacy for your sought after procedures.

George Lefkovits, MD

Revision and lipo

It sounds like you are requesting a scar revision or small undermining and liposuction at the same time. This can often be simultaneously performed. Best to evaluate in person.

Lipo and Scar Revision

Hello bkthickumZ. The "safe" amount of fat removal is 5L in one surgery but this also depends on the patient's body mass index (BMI). ASPS guidelines define 5,000 milliliters (five liters) as "large-volume liposuction" potentially associated with a higher risk of complications. Next step for you is to schedule a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and goals. Best of Luck.