How long after a bbl came you drink alcohol?

How long after a BBL can you drink alcohol?

Thank you for your question. The best person to advice you will be your chosen surgeon as every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. Normally you could drink alcohol after youre done taking the post surgery meds and have healed. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Alcohol and healing

Great question! 

Overall, I would not recommend  consuming alcohol after a BBL procedure for proximally six months. Alcohol affects the liver function, and the liver breaks it down about one ounce per hour. During this process, the liver has to slow down processing other chemicals used healing and growing new fat and muscle cells in your buttocks.  Alcohol can reduce the overall effect of the fat graft stimulation of growth from the BBL procedure.  A more life-threatening precaution is that alcohol increases the effects of the narcotic medication used for pain control.  Alcohol and narcotic combinations can cause decreased respiration  ability and ultimately death.  
I would recommend that you discuss this with your personal board-certified plastic surgeon.

I wish you well through your surgery  and recovery process,  
James S McAdoo DO FACOS

•  20 years experience
  • 33,000 or cases
  • AOA board-certified plastic surgeon

Alcohol consumption after BBL

Thank you for your question. It is important for you to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have seeing as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best and every surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. Honestly, it really depends, if you are talking just a casual drink at home then I would recommend, at minimum waiting a week and being off of all pain medication. If you are talking about going out and socially drinking I would wait at least two weeks. You shouldn’t be sitting on your bottom the first two weeks anyways, so going out and drinking could tempt you to want to sit down which could compromise your recovery. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon