Thinking about a mini tummy tuck? (Photos)

I previously posted about the desire to possibly have a tummy tuck. I am 36 5'8, 156lbs and 20% body fat. I had a c section 13 years ago and have had trouble getting my six pack back despite hiit, strength, circuit and weight training 5 days a week along with a diet that excludes beef, pork, fried foods, breads and pastas and dairy. I am reposting my question because 2 of the pictures that i provided showed me in a very bloated state and want to get/give the most realistic explanation possible.

Thinking about a Mini TT

I don't think a mini TT would give you the best outcome. You appear as if a full TT is prudent. Make sure you seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your area when you're ready to get an educated opinion on your options. Best of Luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Thinking about a mini tummy tuck?

Please make sure that you have chosen the right operation (an operation that will achieve an outcome that you will be pleased with);  is not unusual for patients to undergo mini tummy tuck surgery only to be disappointed… Be careful with your decision-making. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck

Hi schambers6353,

Thank you for the pictures and questions. Based on the pictures you submitted it looks as if you would benefit from a full tummy tuck. I suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Know your tummy tuck options

There are several variations on tummy tuck procedures to consider, not just mini or full. For example, a mini with umbilical float allows for full muscle repair. Fat reduction with or without lipo is also not dependent on which type of tummy tuck you have. 

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy tuck

Looks like you would be a better candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction for a flatter abdomen, please consult with a board certified PS. Good luck!

Only a full tummy tuck will help your six pack - Thinking about a mini tummy tuck? (Photos)

From only looking at your photos and not performing a physical exam, I believe you would get the best results from a full tummy tuck, not a mini tuck. You mentioned having trouble getting your six pack back, a mini tummy tuck will not address this. Your abdominal muscles need to be brought back together. They separate during pregnancy. No matter how many crunches you do, the connective tissue cannot bring them back to where they were, because it has been stretched.A full tummy tuck will address your six pack, flatten out the tummy and get the best result. Always see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photo. You are a better candidate for a full Tummy tuck then for a mini. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mini tummy tuck vs Full tummy tuck

From your photos it appears you have fullness both above and below your BB. This would make you a good candidate for a full lipo-abdominoplasty, not a mini TT with lipo. If you were to have a mini with only lipo above the BB you would likely have a limited result (less downtime post-op is the upside), but a limited result. good luck. Find a properly trained plastic surgeon and they can discuss this with you further during an in-office consultation.

Mini Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD