How long after lipo can you have a mini tummy tuck?

I had lipo three weeks ago, I'm now considering a mini tummy tuck. How long would I have to wait?

Mini Tummy Tuck Post Liposuction

Thanks for your inquiry and congratulations on completing your liposuction surgery.  It is probably safest to wait for 6 months to one year between liposuction and any kind of tummy tuck.  Of course, a mini-tummy tuck is much less invasive, so this may be cut down to 3 months or so if the liposuction was not very aggressive and the excision for the mini-tummy tuck is very limited.  I would recommend following up with your liposuction surgeon to get a better estimate. I hope this helps. 

Mini Tummy Tuck - After Lipo?

Thank you for your question.  It is best to wait 3 - 6 months to allow the swelling to subside and your skin to contract. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Hope this helps!

Mini tuck?

no rule book on this.  It depends on the tissue healing and re-draping.  Your plastic surgeon can guide you with this.  In general I recommend to wait at least 3 months for things to settle from the liposuction before attempting more surgery.You will be happier for it.  Be patient. Don't rush it now that liposuction is already done. Ideally you should have had a tuck at the same time as the liposuction.  Hope this helps.
Dr V
South Jersey Plastic surgery

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Timing of mini tummy tuck and lipo

Usually a mini tummy tuck and lipo would be done at the same time, but since you have had the lipo already I would wait at least a few months to see the final result.

Richard Baxter, MD

No fixed interval of time between procedures

Hi Rah37.  There is no absolute guideline as to the interval of time between procedures.  If the lipo was in the region that would be operated on with the mini tummy tuck, then you should wait to see what your results are at least 3 months, as you may not need to go on to the second procedure.  If the area of lipo is different, and you are healing well and otherwise a healthy candidate for the tuck, then you can proceed at any time.  An in person consultation & examination is necessary to say for sure.  Good luck!

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Depending on how extensive liposuction was, 8 weeks is generally okay.  I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Mini-abdominoplasty post liposuction...How long to delay?

It is always prudent to stagger procedures in order to allow adequate time for recovery and healing. This period will vary from procedure to procedure and patient to patient. However, 6 months post op is a reasonable benchmark. This will not only allow adequate time for healing but also for resolution of residual edema/swelling.

As always, discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Donovan Rosas, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Lipo and Mini Tummy Tuck

If you are a good candidate for a Mini Tummy Tuck (non smoker, no obesity and no pregnancies) you could have had the Mini a tummy tuck at the same time as your Liposuction. Now it's a question of waiting for the inflammation to normalize to allow more excess skin removal. This can take a few months.