Can I stay without the garment for two hours after washing it ? (in the 3rd week post op)

Yes.  You can take a short break especially if you are in 3rd week post op.  Resume wearing it as soon as you can. Good luck on your recovery.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Not a problem to give yourself a break from the garment for a few hours. You may want to air dry the garment however so as not to undergo any shrinkage.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Garment following Gynecomastia

Yes, giving yourself a break from wearing your garment for a few hours a day will not cause damage or delay your healing. If you feel uncomfortable doing so, I suggest purchasing a second garment to wear when you are washing the other one. Hope this helps! 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Taking garment off for 2 hours after washing

You should be fine, put it on as soon as it dries.  Or try to get a second garment so that you can have the option of letting one air dry while you have your back up garment on hand.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Use of a Compression Garment After a Gynecomastia Procedure

You should be fine. Our patients are required to wear a compression garment for the a few weeks following their #Gynecomastia surgery. The #compression garment helps to reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal.We recommend it not be removed, at all, until the second or third day after the surgery. After that, we suggest they feel free to temporarily remove the #garment for showering or laundering only. We encourage our patients to maintain circumferential pressure for 4-6 weeks, but they may switch to an exercise compression garment when advised.

Garment wearing

Hello and thank you for your question. Being out of the garment long enough to wash it at that point in your recovery is perfectly fine. Just try to rest and take it easy while you are out of it and resume wearing it again as soon as you can. Best of luck in the rest of your healing!

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Can i stay without the garment for two hours after washing it?

Thank you for sharing your question.  If you do not have a second garment to use in the interim you can stay without the garment while cleaning and drying it.  At 3 weeks you are well into the healing process and should not swell appreciably in that amount of time.  Hope this helps.

Can I stay without garment for 2 hours after washing it?

Thank you for your question.  I recommend my patients wear their compression garment for 6 weeks following surgery.  You may want to purchase a second one to have and alternate between the two garments.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Garment and surgery

I prefer that patients wear garments in  most instances for 3-6 weeks.  I allow my patients to wash them and put it on after it dries.  You might want to have two garments.