What is the cost of gynecomastia surgery? How long does it take? (Photo)

What is the cost of gynecomastia surgery How many time it take

Thank you for your inquiry and for providing a photo. From the picture you provided it is difficult to tell and i would advise to consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon. Price will vary according to type of surgery, geographical location, and surgeon experience. Typically the surgery will take about one hour and a half. Hope this helped!

You need a very experience surgeon because your case is complex

To correct the gynecomastia and improve the true gynecomastia your only option is surgical excision of the gland,remember only a surgeon  who performed thousands of cases

Mordcai Blau, MD

The Estimated Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment.
Costs will also vary with geographic location.  Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.

Cost and Length of Time for Gynecomastia Surgery

The amount of time for gynecomastia surgery will depend on your surgeon, and the cost will also depend on the surgeon and the complexity of the case.  An average would be about 1 1/2 to 2 hours for surgery and the cost could be between $8,500 to $12,000, including the anesthesiologist and facility fees. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and view before and after pictures. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

What is the cost and how long does gynecomastia surgery take?

Thank you for your question.  The cost can vary depending on where you live.  I recommend gland excision as well as liposuction for contouring with gynecomastia surgery.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is best and I recommend asking for before and after pictures before making a decision.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

What is the cost of gynecomastia surgery?

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provide… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with your national Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia Surgery

It is hard to tell exactly what your problem is from the picture presented, but most of the problem appears to be from being overweight. I would advise, therefore, that you lose weight to a reasonable BMI and then see a plastic surgeon for evaluation. Because your skin appears to be relatively elastic, you may be able to significantly reduce what has to be done and, thus, reduce the cost of the procedure. 

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery

It appears you have what I classify as Type 4 or Type 5 gynecomastia. This is when there is significant volume, breast sag, and severe breast roll. Treatment for Type4/5 ranges from $7,000-$10,000 depending on the anesthesia used and treatment plan.  You can read more about the Types by visiting the link provided.