Why do I have breast pain 4 years post Gynecomastia surgery and still have a lump?

The breast is tender to touch, and I cannot have my girlfriend place her head on it. Recently it has been more painful, slight redness and also been itchy. It is noticeably larger than my right breast. I am a little concerned about the possibility of breast cancer development (although rare). Its becoming quite distressing.

Breast Pain 4 Years After Gynecomastia

As with all operations, pain and discomfort varies greatly from patient to patient. Generally, one should expect that pain medication will be required for the first several days. Continuing discomfort can last varying amounts of time.

Now, since it has been such a long period of time it would be a good idea to either visit your same plastic surgeon for a review or a new surgeon if you are looking to have the issue re-evaluated. Good luck to you.