Gynecomastia coming back after months?

Good day. I would like to know the reason why my gyno seems to come back after being gone for so long. I did a steroid cycle back in 2012 . At the end of the cycle, I used Nolvadex 40mg every day for two weeks. Every after few months it will come back. Now it had been 1yr 5months since it happened and I can feel that my right nipple is acting up again. the doctor said it's mastitis but I doubt it since the antibiotic. they issue dont work. Any advice? Thank you in advanced

The Lasting Effects of Gynecomastia Surgery

The #recurrence of breast enlargement is uncommon following #gynecomastia surgery. However, it can occur. If this happens, you may require further surgery in the future. The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia. 
Therefore, weight gain, steroid use,recreational drug use and have hormonal conditions can contribute to a return of gynecomastia regardless of previous surgical removal and treatments. Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. 

Gynecomastia coming back after months?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Unfortunately without an in-person examination or full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice.  I would make an appointment to see your original surgeon to discuss your current symptoms.  At times some gynecomastia is left behind after surgery in order to prevent secondary deformities, such as tissue inversion or poor contour.  This remaining tissue may have grown as a result of the steroid use.  Additional surgery may be able to help improve upon your current symptoms.

Gynecomastia coming back after months?

I would recommend an in person or virtual consultation to evaluate the proper treatment at this point.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon