2 weeks post-op. Would it be safe to start using Minoxidil again?

2week post op. Would it be take to start using minoxidil again. Also taking propecia And is there any thing els to take to help???

At 2 weeks post op, can I use minoxidil?

At 2 weeks post op, you can use minoxidil if all of the crusts are off. Minoxidil will have no effect on the new transplanted hairs

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.

It is best to ask your surgeon about post operative care as each doctor has their unique regimen.   In general, there should be no issue in resuming minoxidil.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil and finasteride post op

I recommend my patients to continue using finasteride and to not stop for the procedure, and give the OK to use minoxidil at the 2 week point. If you have any questions, you should double check with the surgeon who performed your procedure.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

2 weeks post-op

I would recommend waiting for a month after your transplant surgery before using Monoxodil, as it may dry out the transplanted area. 

You are fine to continue to use Propecia at this point. 

Other things that can help are proper hair care products. Gentle shampoos and conditioners or products related to hair loss such as Revivogen or Nioxin. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Usage of Minoxidil

I would advice my patients to start finasterid from the third week after a hair transplant  . But note that each doctor may have their own routine for post op care. Better to contact your surgeon for   recommendations . All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon