Does this FUE hair transplant day 9 scab wash look right? (Photo)

Hi there, i was just basically asking if this all looks right at day 9 ? i recently wash the scabs of at day 9 and just wondering if this all looks correct i.e. scabbing and finished result ? as i am worrying that some of grafts have fallen out during this process as it looks thin, I rang up my clinic and they said that hairs will fall out with the scabs but i am just worried that to much has fallen out at this point. many thanks

It is best to follow your doctor's advice over advice from the Internet. Unless the advice is to follow your doctor's advice.

Scabbing should be gone with proper washing in one to two weeks.  If you are still concerned go back to see your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op

every surgeon is different with what they require post op in regards to washing. remember, the transplanted hair shafts will fall out in this time period, typically most fall out when the scab falls off. If you still have concerns, you should schedule an in person post op visit with the surgeon who performed your procedure.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

9 days post op scabbing

I recommend from day 10 the patient wash and massage the scalp when wet and massage with the weight of the fingers using the fingertips in a circular motion to break down any crusts. If performed twice daily, this will really speed up the healing process and break down the crusts and scabs. It will feel like grit coming off the scalp and this is part of the process.

If it’s the first surgery then some patients are  scared to massage but it really needs to be done. By day 15 you should have a pretty clean scalp, so don’t be shy but massage to speed up this process . All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

9 days after surgery

It is starting to look ok. An FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon