Can I use Minoxidil Topical 5% solution after FUE treatment? (photo)

I had a hair transplant of 4000 grafts (FUE method) 8-10-2016 from india. i hv seen der r so many cracks on transplant area after 10 days. i was so worried n went to my doctor . she said to use minoxidil topical 5% solution . but i m afraid to use it .. can u please suggest me to use it or not ??? a

Can I use Minoxidil Topical 5% solution after FUE treatment?

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Why should I have Organic Hair Transplantation?

Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

SHOW LESS

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Minoxidil Solution post FUE

Minoxidil can be used 10 days following your FUE procedure in the transplanted region without causing harm to the grafts, as they are permanently in place.  However, the propylene glycol in the minoxidil solution may be irritating to the skin.  If you have used it before, I would wait a while before restarting. If you have not used it in the past, you may be sensitive to it. I would talk to your doctor about this. 

Minoxidil is generally not recommended after surgery. Some doctors may recommend it. If you have issues it is best to follow

Minoxidil is generally not recommended after surgery.  Some doctors may recommend it.  If you have issues it is best to follow your doctor's advice.  You trusted your doctor for your surgery, trust your doctor for follow up questions.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

What you are seeing is poor washing techniques

What you are seeing is poor washing techniques which show crusts that are 'cracking' and should have been washed off in the first day or two. Now use a shampoo and leave it on your scalp for 10 minutes each time and these crusts will get water logged and eventually fall off

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Using hair care products after Hairtransplant surgery

It is safe to  start using hair care products such as minoxidil after a week without any worries. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Minoxidil post procedure.

Based on your photos, I'd suggest you soak your head for 10-15 minutes to loosen all the scabs. The scalp tends to be drier after a procedure. I tell patients they can resume Minoxidil once the scabs are off but it will likely make the scalp drier. You can try to leave a small amount of conditioner in the scalp to help with the dryness. 

Monoxodil after transplant

I recommend that our patients do not use Monoxodil for at least 1-2 months after the transplant as Monoxodil can dry out the transplant area. But highly recommend resuming the application of it after 2 months. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minoxidil after a hair surgery

I would advice my patients to start finasterid from the third week after a hair transplant  . But note that each doctor may have their own routine for post op care. Better to contact your surgeon for   recommendations . All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Minoxidil

if the surgeon who did your transplant suggests that you use it, then use it. typically 10 days after FUE is a good time to start this. From the photos it looks like you still have a lot of scabbing, be sure to follow closely your post op instructions for washing.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician