FUE after FUT?

Dear Sir's As I posted that I had my HT through FUT method six month before, In first session they covered front area but now I wanted to go for second session specially for crown area. Which method shall i prefer for second time FUT or FUE? what will be the ideal time to maintain between two sessions? Or are there any alternative for these two procedures, please suggest me. Thanks in advance Have a good time...

FUE is just a harvesting method. FUE requires a shaved head (at least in the donor area).

FUE is just a harvesting method.  FUE requires a shaved head (at least in the donor area).    It is best to discuss your options with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE Transplant

It depends on how the FUT scar healed and the tightness of your scalp after the procedure. We recommend FUE post FUT for this reason. FUE will not add a new scar or further tighten the skin on your scalp.

Follow up with your surgeon to further discuss your options.

Thank You

FUE after FUT

If you already have an FUT Strip scar then going through a 2nd strip would likely yield you better results.  The only time I recommend FUE after FUT is if the patient has a tight scalp, very wide scar, multiple strips, or they do not want to go through another strip incision and would prefer FUE because it's less invasive.  The best thing though is for your to directly discuss your concerns with your doctor and review your options with him/her and get their professional opinion.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Method and timing

If you already have a strip scar, most patients will opt to have another strip as long as your scalp isn't too tight. If your scalp is tight you may have to go the FUE method. Typically, the earliest for second transplant is 8-12 months. You should have a follow up with the surgeon who performed your procedure for optimal timing as well as the best route for your second procedure.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

FUE vs FUT

If you have already had a hair transplant using the "strip method" there might be a chance that your scalp is too tight to effectively do another FUT treatment. 

FUE is always a good option and can be used as well to slightly core out and repair the scar left from the FUT procedure. 

With FUE you can have another hair transplant procedure in a different area within 6 months.

The best way and only true way to know for sure what is the best option for you though is to have a consultation with a trusted hair transplant specialist. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE after FUT?

Organic Hair Transplant. Organic Hair Transplantation” is a hair transplantation procedure developed in the Estetik International Laboratories. The “Organic Hair Transplantation” method is a novel development in modern hair transplantation surgery practice which was developed with the efforts of our research and development department. Now; our successful hair transplantation results has evolved to a new era thanks to the “Organic Hair Transplantation” method. We can consider this new method as a revolutionary development.

“Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

FUE vs FUT

If you already has one strip surgery, it is beter to repeat the strip surgery and have the surgeon remove the old scar. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon