Is it acceptable to go for a 20 minute slow walk each day after BBL?

Is it acceptable to go for a 20 minute slow walk each day after bbl? From day after surgery? To help reduce dvt risk and swelling? Or will this damage fat? Surgeons say no exercise but also that you should walk so i still don't understand which is ok

I would not allow you to do that.  You should always contact your surgeon about postoperative instructions.  I make myself available to my patients  by email and phone both before and after surgery.  This does answer the question.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. it is always good to move affter a bbl because it helps the bbl to get soft, be careful to lose weight, because you can also lose your bbl fat at the same time. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Brazillian Butt Lift and Ambulation

Walking is encouraged following Brazilian Butt Lift, as we want patients to walk for circulation and to prevent the complication of a deep venous thrombosis (blood clot in the legs). Gentle walking will not alter the fat grafting. I tell my patients that they are to start gently walking around their home even following their surgery. We also place Venous Stockings on our patients to help with their circulation. I allow my patients to do more vigorous walking on a treadmill or elliptical at their 3 week post-op mark and strenuous activities at their 6 week post-op mark.

Helen Perakis, MD
Nanuet Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

BBL

I would recommend that you consult with your surgeon about this because every surgeon will have a slightly different post operative protocol for their patients. I generally tell my patients to start walking the day after surgery, even just for 5 or 10 minutes at a time to help blood circulation. Every patient recovers differently and at different speeds but I also tell my patients to wait, at minimum, six weeks before easing back into their regular fitness routine. However, realize that your body may require some time to return to prior strength. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Walking

Walking is not only safe, its highly encouraged after BBL surgery. Walkng will not damage the fat grafts. Light exercise may begin in 2-3 weeks  and strenuous exertion is allowed after 6 weeks.  Of course you should follow your surgeon's recommendations.

DrBurnett#realself100