How can I keep the shape of my butt after BBL?

Hello, you will need to keep pressure off your buttocks for at least 4 weeks you may look into investing in a bbl pillow to help you with your recovery after your recovery and healing you may look into squats to keep you'r buttocks tones and with the same shape you like thank you and best of wishes.

I would avoid pressure on the buttocks for at least 6 weeks.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

Follow your surgeon's post op instructions.  Don't sit for at least 2 weeks after surgery.  Use a special BBL pillow afterwards.  Good luck.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

BBL

It is inevitable that the size will reduce slightly initially, due to swelling resolving but you can prevent damaging the newly grafted fat cells which will help them survive and keep the shape and size of your buttocks. I believe that the patient should not put any pressure on the buttocks for at least 3 weeks post op as it can increase the risk of the fat cells not surviving. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must sit for longer durations, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I also recommend that your garments be worn at all times for 4 weeks from the day of surgery.  I hope this helps.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL

There is always some swelling that contributes to the overall size initially and as the swelling dissipates the buttocks will shrink a bit. It is important not to put a lot of pressure on the buttocks during the early post-op period so that the maximum amount of fat can survive.