Doctor says that it will take 5 to 6 hours for BBL surgery, is this normal?

Hi I'm getting a Brazilian butt lift soon , my doctor told me he takes 5 to 6 hours for the bbl. I do not understand why it takes so long I mean I already needed to gain weight , so I have little fat on me well a little more than a little I guess lol ☺️ Is this normal ? He said he will put some medications in my body to prevent blood pressure/ clots ? If I understood right , has the medication any bad side effects ? Thank you for your help in advance

BBL surgeries usually last 2-3 hours. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided infromation as well.. every surgeon has it's own manners to perform different procedures. Besides that, it depends on the patient's body. Ussually a bbl procedure takes at least 3 to 4 hours. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I try to finish in 2 hours or so to help reduce the risk of complications associated with anesthesia.

Questions about BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift with fat transfer)

The whole thing is sketchy: if you gain weight in preparation for fat transfer and then lose weight after the procedure all the transferred fat is going to disappear since it always behaves as if it were in its original place.  Also, even in the best circumstances, only 20-50% of the transplanted fat survives.  5-6 hours of liposuction and fat transfer is not recommended.  I never use blood thinners for this procedure.

You definitely need to get some other opinions.

You may want to consider enhancement with implants.....

Be sure to consult a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a great deal of experience with these types of procedures.  A comprehensive portfolio of his/her pre- and post-op pictures will help you assess his/her expertise.

BBL

Hi and thanks for the question. Depending on the amount of fat removed and the number of areas liposuctioned BBL can take that amount of time. I find that it takes ~3-5 hours in my hands but this depends on the doctor. Medicines that prevent blood clots are very useful in BBL to help prevent this problem. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Bbl

In my opinion, it should not take more than 2 hours. I never use a blood thinner as described. Perhaps you should get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. Thanks

Luis A. Vinas, MD