Can you perform CoolSculpting on the pubic area right below the belly? (Photo)

After having my children and loosing 25 lbs (which i gained back) I can never loose weight there whether i weigh 138 or at my biggest 155 my pubic area has fat that will not go away. It is embarrassing. I cannot wear a bathing suit, tight vlothes and always have to wear long shirts. Also very embarrassing when intimate with my husband

CoolSculpting on the Pubis and /or Belly

Thank you for your question.  thank you for the photos.  Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  They will be able to give you a wide choice of options, (CoolSculpting, Liposuction, Direct excision, etc.). Review your reasonable goals with them, and together you will make a plan.

Can you perform CoolSculpting on the pubic area right below the belly?

Thank you for your question. This area can be treated, however, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns and find an option that fits you best. An in-person assessment is always best.

Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

CoolSculpt below the "Belly Button"

The lower abdomen, below the umbilicus, usually responds very well to CoolSculpt.  Usually two sessions are needed.  I have observed excellent results within my practice in this same area.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and photos.
Yes, Coolsculpting can be performed in the pubic area (as long as the applicator can suction onto the area of concern). It may take several treatments to see the results you want.
Best to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon who can discuss the pro's and con's of surgery vs. coolsculpting and help you decide which is the best option for you.

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

I find that liposuction is the best for this area, I think that non invasive options work but take many treatments.  I prefer sculpsure over collsculpting though.  Best, DR. Emer.

CoolSculpting for Pubic Mound

Hi Lizzy. Yes, you can treat the pubic area with CoolSculpting and we have done it many times with great success. Usually at least 2 treatments are needed for best results. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting for suprapubic fat

Coolsculpting can be theoretically used anywhere that the treatment applicators will fit.  It is important to see a physician who is an expert in body contouring who can evaluate the area and talk about the risks and benefits of the procedure.   Depending on the amount of fat and laxity, coolsculpting may or not be effective. 

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Yes it is effective in this area but make sure you see a coolsculpting center run by a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS