I am 63 years old. Am I too old for cool sculpting?

Thank you for your question. As long as you are healthy, there should be no problem with CoolSculpting. Ensure that you see a board certified plastic surgeon or an expert CoolSculpting technician in a plastic surgery clinic. 

Regards, 

No Age Limit for CoolSculpting

As others have already mentioned, you can get CoolSculpting regardless of age. The more important considerations are your aesthetic goals and whether CoolSculpting is the appropriate procedure to meet those goals. CoolSculpting is a fat reduction procedure designed to reduce bulges that can keep you from looking your best. Love handles, muffin tops, and even double chins can be minimized with CoolSculpting. But it is not a skin tightening treatment. A good CoolSculpting candidate should have adequate skin elasticity, which does tend to fade with age. Check with an experienced CoolSculpting provider to find out more about your skin condition and whether you make a good candidate. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your question. There is no age limit for Coolsculpting as it's main purpose is killing fat cells which we all have at any age. 

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

There is no upper age limit for having a CoolSculpting procedure.

There is no upper age limit for having a CoolSculpting procedure. I suggest visiting a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure. CoolSculpting works best on people who are at or near their goal weight with small areas of unwanted fat they want to reduce. I suggest visiting a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation to see if you are a good candidate for the procedure. CoolSculpting works best on people who are at or near their goal weight with small areas of unwanted fat they want to reduce. 

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Absolutely not!

At 63 years old CoolSculpting could be a great way to reclaim your figure. The best way to get started would be to look for practices in your area that do a lot of the procedure, it is best to go to a provider with lots of experience. Best of luck.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Age and CoolSculpt

Age is not generally considered when deciding whether CoolSculpting is appropriate for a patient.  The fat cells that are treated during CoolSculpting do not change with age or become less susceptible to cold-induced death.  Important considerations are whether you have "pinchable" fat that can be targeted by the applicator.  A consultation with an experienced provider will help determine if you are a good candidate regardless of age.  

Cody Koch

Cody A. Koch, MD, PhD
Des Moines Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thank you for your sensible question.

The short answer is no, age does not affect this non-surgical procedure.

You may have some reasons why CoolSculpting is not appropriate for you- for example, if your abdominal issue is largely loose skin and not  fat, or if you do not have enough fat to fit in the applicator( we have a number of applicators of different sizes and shapes).
So, in my practice, patients come in first for a consultation. Once professionally assessed and advised of options appropriate specifically, our patients then have the knowledge to then make a decision that is right for them.

I trust this has been of value for you.

Hi and thanks for your question. Age is really not a factor regarding coolsculpting since it is a non-invasive treatment. Make sure you see someone who has considerable experience with this treatment method. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

CoolSculpting and Age

There are no age restrictions with CoolSculpting.  Our office has seen patients from 18 to their late 80s.  The most important thing is being a good candidate for the treatment, regardless of age.  CoolSculpting is an excellent non-invasive procedure to permanently remove up to 25% of fat in the treated area.  A consultation with an experienced CoolSculpting provider is the best way to determine if you are a good candidate.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Age

Thank you for your question. There is no age limit with Coolsculpting. Coolsculpting offers fat reduction on areas with pinchable unwanted fat providing on average at least 20% reduction. Depending on your goals and candidacy it may be a great treatment for you since it's non invasive with no downtime. To determine if you are a candidate I would recommend a consultation.

Dr. Daniel Ritacca

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon