What is the optimal time between Coolsculpting treatments in the same area for the best result?

I've heard 4 weeks or 8 weeks or even 3 months apart. If there are no negatives, I think I'd like to wait 3 months to see if there is any result at all. I am 5'4, 126 lbs with just localized areas of fat. (love handles & belly)

Hi and thanks for your question. The optimal time of treatment between sessions based upon most scientific studies is approximately 3 months. It takes that long for the body to naturally absorb the fat cells which were destroyed by freezing and the contour of the area to be stable. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting causes permanent fat loss

Yes it is fine to wait three months.  You have a very low BMI so it is best to be comfortable with the areas you had treated before moving forward.

Timing between Coolsculpting treatments

With Coolsculpting it takes about 3 weeks after treatment to start seeing improvements.  Final results usually take around 3 months.  Some patients, mainly thinner ones, may get to their final results around 2 months but that isn't the norm.  I recommend waiting 3 months before going forward with additional Coolsculpting treatments in the same area.  At that time the patient will be at their final, new shape, and they can be appropriately assessed to make sure further treatments will be performed on the precise area in order to give the desired improvement.  Best of luck.  As always, consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon for your body contouring needs.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Time between treatments

Thank you for your question. You can have another treatment as soon as 30 days after your initial treatment. However, some patients like to wait the full 3 months since it takes it about 9-12 weeks to see the full results. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

It's Fine to Wait Months Between Treatments

CoolSculpting gradually reduces fat in the area targeted, with the final results sometimes taking 2 to 3 months to show up. I think it's a fine idea to wait 3 months before getting a second treatment so you can see the results of the initial treatment. There's no "ideal time" that will affect your results one way or the other. If you know you are going to get a second treatment, the second session can be scheduled as early as a month after the first treatment. Discuss the timing of the treatments with your CoolSculpting provider. Best wishes.

Coolsculpt

Typically patients will see results from their Coolsculpt treatment at around 4-6 weeks. You may have an additional treatment with Coolsculpt at 4 weeks but there is no harm in waiting longer than that to be retreated. I would recommend asking the opinion of the treating physician.

Lisa Airan, MD

Coolsculpting and Results

It is best to wait 8-12 weeks however you can get this done as early as 4 weeks if there is no bruising or swelling.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hi, and thank you for your question.  The recommendation is 1 to 3 months before the next treatment. If we know you definitely need 2 treatments, we try to schedule the second one within 1 - 2 months.  If you are not sure you need a second treatment, then you should wait 3 months to give it time to see optimal results.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Treating Same Area

Optimal results are seen between 1-3 months. You can wait the full 3 months before you decide to have another treatment in the same area.You can treat the area again as early as one month. It really depends on you as the patient when you want to have another treatment.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Optimal time between CoolSculpting treatments

There is no exact answer for the optimal time to wait between CoolSculpting treatments and the decision is made by the patient and the treating physician.  I have done treatments as soon as a month in between but my preference is to wait at least two months if possible.  There certainly is no harm in waiting more than two months though.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon