If you get facial hair transplant from your head to your beard, will it be the same color?

I have been wanting to get a beard transplant for some time know and my beard is dark brown but my hair color is blonde will the implanted hair match the beard or will it be the same color as the donor hair.

Yes, If you have a facial hair transplant such as a beard transplant you should expect the hairs that have been transplanted to

Yes, If you have a facial hair transplant such as a beard transplant you should expect the hairs that have been transplanted to retain the same color as well as texture. Keep in mind, the transplanted hair will grow much like they did when it was in the donor region. If your concern is graying,  rest assured you may dye the hair to match the surrounding hairs. 

West Hollywood Hair Restoration Surgeon

Will the color of my hair match where it is taken from?

Yes, the color of your hair should match and act like where it is taken from. So, if your hair is blonde and it is transplanted to where it is darker, it will grow out blonde!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Transplanted hairs will look and grow like hairs from the donor area. So the color and texture may not match.

Transplanted hairs will look and grow like hairs from the donor area.  So the color and texture may not match.  This is something you discuss with your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard hair color

This would depend on the donor region from which your follicles were extracted from.  They will genetically be the same as from where they were extracted and although they will change some in after the first 2-3 years post transplant, their color will remain the same.

Baubac Hayatdavoudi, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Head to beard transplants

The hair on the head remains the color of the donor area when it is transplanted to the beard or elsewhere on the body

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon