Is it possible to achieve extremely thick density with a beard transplant? (photo)

Is it possible to achieve extremely thick density with a beard transplant, even if the transplant area is entirely hairless before? I have added a photo of which I consider to be extremely thick density. Many thanks

I would advise not to think of it solely from a density standpoint but from an overall visual change in your look

The desired density may not be possible but with multiple procedures you can get close. I would advise not to think of it solely from a density standpoint but from an overall visual change in your look. If you have little facial hair to begin with and we can get you good density and consistency throughout the areas, that will be a dramatic change. I'd suggest finding a hair transplant specialist that has done a lot of facial hair procedures and discuss your goals and see if the expectations and possibilities align. 

West Hollywood Hair Restoration Surgeon

Beard transplant density

A dense beard transplant can be obtained in one or two sessions depending upon the density of the placement by the surgeon

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Many things are possible but it may not be possible for your particular case. A doctor would need to examine your donor hair

Many things are possible but it may not be possible for your particular case.  A doctor would need to examine your donor hair and you would have to understand you may need multiple surgeries.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Achieve extremely thick density with a beard transplant

No , I think that it is impossible to achieve extremely thick (as normal) density with a beard transplant.. but even we can not achieve a normal scalp /beard density, we can transfer 3000-3500 grafts from scalp hair to beard area and it result very good density to satisfy patient .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Yes, but there are limitations

Beard hair is more course than scalp hair, and that is usually what we are using to make a beard. So, a transplanted beard will be a bit softer. Also, the grafts can only be packed in so tight. A secondary procedure may be needed to increase the density. Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Achieving density in beard transplant

Achieving density in a beard transplant is dependent on multiple factors.  A few factors include: the pre-existing density, the density of the donor hair, and the quality of the donor hair.  This being said there are so many grafts that can be placed in one transplant per square centimeter.  It is common to have a secondary procedure after 10 months to create further density if so desired.