Would I be eligible for US army fitness test after tummy tuck due to massive weight loss?

I have recently lost 100 pounds within an year and I have hanging skin along with man boobs :( The fat over the chest is stubborn and it looks worse because my tummy reduced more compared to the fat over th chest. Now it looks like man boobs and I want to get rid of them. I also want a tummy tuck (extended). After all these surgeries, would I be still eligible for US army (based on fitness requirements as per surgeries)

Military fitness standards and cosmetic surgery

The fact that you've had cosmetic surgery should not affect your candidacy to participate in required military fitness tests (I used to be a General Surgeon in the US Navy). Have fun !

When am I ready for activity after a tummy tuck?

As a reserve Navy officer who knows the details for the Marines, you'll be ready for a fit rep in around 2-3 months if you require muscle tightening and 4-6 weeks if only skin excision is required. Congratulations!

Sean T. Lille, MD

US Army Fitness Test

If you are physically fit i.e. Good cardiac pulmonary function then scars from surgery should not matter but I would check with the military about any prerequisites for testing. 

Good luck

Leon Goldstein, MD
Madison Plastic Surgeon