I'm 80kg, 5ft 4 having tummy tuck, BBL & breast lift in 3 months; should I loose weight?

Am 80kg 5ft 4 tall undergoing tummy tuck,breast lift and bbl in 3 months. Should I loose weight before my surgery. I gained extra weight for my bbl to have a big butt.

Thank you for your question. you are a good candidate for the body contouring surgery with your current weight.

Should i lose weight before surgery?

Thank you for your question. You are currently on a weight within the safe range with a BMI of 30. You could stay on your current weight or lose a couple of pounds and get closer to your goal weight. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

You do not have to loose weight

In general, the average Body Mass Index measurement (BMI) for body contouring is about 30-32. In your case, your BMI value is equal to 30.3. This means it's not necessary for you to loose weight prior to the surgery. Currently, you are a good candidate for the body contouring surgery. 

Tanongsak Panyawirunroj, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

I would recommend discussing this with your plastic surgeon seeing as every surgeon has slightly different protocols for their patients. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results and that they remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Weight and surgery

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30. 
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Shoul I loose weight?

Hi and thanks for your question. Unfortunately gaining weight increases the intra abdominal fat together with the rest under the skin. For a better result about the tummy tuck you should loose instead of gaining it.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss prior to surgery

Hi ademile

Congratulations on your big decision.

I calculate your BMI at 30.2, which puts you in the Obese Class I group, with slightly increased risks of complications.

My recommendation is to discuss with your surgeon.  Certainly, improving your physical fitness would be a great help with this large operation and its recovery, and I feel confident in that recommendation.

On the other hand, I am more mixed on the weight loss recommendations for you.  If you can loose weight sensibly and safely, AND maintain it, absolutely.

Best of luck to you.

Gaining weight just to have a BBL is not a good idea.

putting on weight that you were not expecting to keep just so that you can have fat deposits for a BBL is not a very good idea. If you lose weight after surgery, your fat grafts will shrink as well. It is best to go into surgery being at a low, stable, realistic weight. Good luck. 

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Weight and surgery

Now the problem is that if you go on to lose weight, your buttocks may deflate.  Best to discuss with your surgeon.

Thank you for your question. It is always important to try o get as close to ideal weight as possible and to maintain a healthy diet. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD