Really deep radix, can it be fixed?

Hello i have a really deep radix (The bit of the nose that joins up with the forehead) sunken in between my eyes which is especially noticeable when I stand under heavy lighting, can this be fixed? Also can my wide nose and bulbous tip be fixed, unfortunately God thought it'd be a good idea to give me my Mum's nose instead of my Dad's nose which would've fit me a lot more IMO. Roughly how much would it cost to have all of this done just an estimate please.

Since you have multiple areas of your nose to be addressed, an open rhinoplasty where both the deep radix and tip reshaping can be done. The deep radix can augmented by either cartilage grafts or a radix implant. Which one is better depends on how deep it is and how extensive the augmentation has to be.

Nonsurgical versus surgical rhinoplasty

If you just wanted to address your radix, a nonsurgical rhinoplasty could be done which would help the angle between your nose and forehead. However, if you also wanted to address your nasal tip, a full rhinoplasty including a radix graft and tip work would be necessary. 

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a rhinoplasty to fixate deep radix

The cost of a rhinoplasty procedure is directly proportional to the amount of time to perform the procedure  under general anesthesia monitored by a physician anesthesiologist,  the amount of time  in the operating room, and  the surgeon's professional fee for surgery to perform the operative procedure in addition to all the postoperative follow-up appointments.   Reduction of the deep radix requires a cartilage graft harvested from inside the nasal septum and augmenting that area. For many examples, more information, and our current price list, please see the link and the video below

Hello and thank you for your question. For patients with a deep set radix, one option is to do a radix graft.  If you have a bulbous tip, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Ethnic Nose

This is a really common problem and can be fixed with grafts in a rhinoplasty. Please upload some pictures or send them directly to us to see what can actually be done to make you look more the way you want. The average price for this surgery in DR is 4500.00 USD without the flight and stay but if course, this price can change after we review your case. Best regards, 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD