Will my nose straighten?

I had a closed rhinoplasty and septoplasty three months ago and my nose looks like it is curving to one side of my face. Also, the bridge feels like the curved side is lower than the non-curved side. I am incredibly concerned that my nose will not straighten as this curve has been consistent since the surgery. When I asked my doctor about this he said it was only something that I was noticing. Please help advise if you think this will heal and if not what I should do.

Dear emmagoodman, The asymmetry you see at this time may just be due to swelling so give this several more months and wait for more of the swelling to dissipate before becoming over concerned. In the interim see your surgeon often for post operative appointments as he/she knows best where you are in the recovery phase and with examination help can clarify any of your concerns.  Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

3 Months after Rhinoplasty - Will my Nose Straighten?

This may be secondary to asymmetrical swelling but you need to be patient while healing progresses. If this persists you will need some sort of revision such as filler injections or permanent correction with additional surgery. Continue to share your concerns with your surgeon.

Will my nose straighten?

Thank you for your question and photo.  It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post rhinoplasty recovery phase.  It is usually six months before you will see the end results.  At that time, any concerns should be evaluated with your facial plastic surgeon.  Best of luck. 

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD