Some FUE transplanted hair have not shed after three months and remain the same size. (photo)

I had 2200 grafts FUE transplants done exactly 3 months ago. I have taken good care of my hair, however, something that I have noticed is that some of my transplanted hair are still the same size as when they were transplanted as seen on the image in red circles. When i touch my head I can feel sharp tiny hairs and its these hairs that have not shed or grown for the past 3 months. Do I need to be worried?

If you are worried about post operative issues, go back to see your doctor for an exam.

If you are worried about post operative issues, go back to see your doctor for an exam.  In general transplanted hairs will shed over time as you wash your hair.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Three months later remain the same size

when you pull them out with your fingers or tweezers, they will come out easily as a piece of dried grass/branch that means they are not living hair. 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hairs that do not shed

This is not uncommon for hairs in the grafts to remain for months after a hair transplant. They will eventually fall out when the new hair grows out

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon