FUE Timing; I need to know how an FUE would look in 6 months? (Photos)

I have to be in a wedding in 6 months. I need to know how an FUE would look. I read about an ugly duckling stage. I don't want to look worse for the wedding! Should I wait until after the wedding?

FUE would look in 6 months

ıf you have a hair restoration right now, you will be in your wedding with new hair. Regrowing hair is thin, undersized and not bright untill 4-5 th months of hair transplant. But it gonna be all right in 6 months..getting full native characteristics, waviness, curl  actually takes 10-13 months for hair 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

FUE in six months

Your FUE grafts will grow when they grow, usually starting at about 4-6 months and then growing out at a rate of 1/2 inch per month,

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  There is no way to tell if your hair will look good for the wedding in 6 months.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

6 months should be enough time.

Typically in an FUE Hair Transplant procedure you will see that the donor area looks pretty much back to normal within a 2 week span. The transplant hairs should start to grow in around the 3-4 month mark and by 6 months you should actually start to have some significant hair growth. So I wouldn't say that you should have anything to worry about by the wedding in 6 months. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE recovery

Greetings,

Fortunately, the donor site for FUE procedures heals very quickly and looks normal within a week or two.  As for the transplanted areas, you would likely have some significant new growth by the 6 month mark, and you should look better at that point.  There is a small chance of shock loss with hair transplant surgery, but if that does happen, chances are good that most of that would have recovered by the 6 month mark.  So, in summary, doing an FUE procedure 6 months prior to a big event is a good plan.  Good luck!

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE Results 6 Months

Generally you will start to see slight growth in 3 months, about 50% at 6 months and full results from 9-12 months. If you are trying to make it to a wedding in 6 months I would recommend having the procedure done ASAP.

Its important you research the doctor and make sure Hair Restoration is their primary practice especially in the Las Vegas Region.  It's also important to discuss your options with a surgeon that specializes in both FUE and FUT/Strip so as you dont get a biased answer.  Other things to watch out for are: Surgeon doing 1 case per day so as they are not rushed, surgeon performing the procedure themselves and not having assistants doing the majority of the surgery as seen in lots of Las Vegas practices, and surgeon having multiple techniques and tools to perform your surgery as not one device or machine works for everyone.

A good place to start research outside realself is the ISHRS hair restoration association.

Amir Yazdan, MD
Irvine Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair by the wedding?

Six months until the wedding?  You might be a little late for optimal results, but you better get to it if you want to have more hair.  Typically, at 3-4 months you will see the onset of thin, fine hair in the transplanted recipient area.  By 6 months, you will see the transplanted hair become thicker and more course.  I suspect most hairs will be about ½ to 1 inch in length.  Keep in mind, for full dense results you would have to wait the entire 12 months.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

FUE at 6 months

I think six months is plenty of time to at least look the same as you do now.  However, I suspect you'd likely see some improvement.  At the very least, you'd have some new hairs for something like topik to bind to for photos.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon