What kind of growth to expect six months after FUE transplant?

6 months after FUE hair transplant, should I expect an increase in the volume of hair in the transplanted hair or the number of follicles that grow out. My doctor told me that upto 5-6 hair follicles can grow from one root. I am somewhat satisfied with the result but I'm still hoping for more hair to grow out and give my hair a heavy kind of look. Back to the question, what kind of growth should I expect in the second half of the year after the transplant?

What to expect 6 months post op

Transplanted hairs start to visibly regrow between months 4-6. At month 6-9, a patient may expect to see growth for  80% of the transplants. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

6 months after transplant

Growth usually begins at between 3-6 months then grows out at a rate of about 1/2 inch per month. The growth occurs in waves, some earlier and some later in this cycle

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  Some people may not see much after 6 months.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair transplant growth at 6 months.

At six months post operative a hair transplant you can expect a lot more growth.  Typically I tell my patients that at 6 months they are about 50% complete.  Most patients are just beginning to see some growth at 6 months.  Be patient. It sounds like you will be more pleased.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon