Can this be fixed or am I asking for more problems? Rhinoplasty Revision (Photos)

I had rhinoplasty done 13 years ago. I do love my nose, but I don't love how the left nostril looks straight-on. It has caused me to not take photos straight-on anymore. My surgeon is supposed to be highly regarded with rhinoplasty, but when I asked him about this he said I had a crooked nose-that's the best he could do. I know nothing is perfect-and I don't want to cause more problems-but can this be fixed?

Revision rhinoplasty for Nostril asymmetry

A revision rhinoplasty can be performed to attempt to make the nostrils more symmetrical, but revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures performed in all of cosmetic surgery.  A thorough examination of the internal and external portion of the nose is required to make a determination about what may be required to improve your nose.  An alar plasty, and cartilage grafting techniques may be required to make the nostrils more symmetrical.  There is no perfect nose.   For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Revision

The nostril asymmetry can be challenging to fix. Not enough information can be gleaned from the two frontal shots. An in-person consultation can determine, what if anything is correctable. Find a good surgeon who is an expert in revisions.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon