Does Fingering Nose makes it wider and fat? (photos)

My Question is regarding my nose that I finger it quite regularly and because of it, i feel that the pours has open and has become fat. Kindly if i can get an answer that fingering nose does make it wider? as i asked one of the nearby doctors in a clinic he replied it does not widens.

Rhinoplasty can address nostril assymetry

Hi Pesnani,
Fingering your nose aggressively is highly unlikely to widen your nostrils. To change the size of a nostril you would have to affect the cartilage to such a degree as to cause a major change over time, too much time to spend with your finger in your nose. Even if you fell asleep with your finger up your nose every night, without micro-tearing of the skin and subsequent healing with your finger still up there to hold the space open, the widening of your nostrils would still be highly unlikely.  It is in the presence of trauma and healing that the body is modified.  For example, it takes years for braces to work; as the teeth move, tissue is dying in one area and being replaced in greater quantity in another.  If you picked your nose enough to develop sufficient scar tissue, the far likelier result would be smaller nostrils, not larger.  
The more likely reason for the change in nostril shape/size is nostril asymmetry.  This condition can be addressed by  Rhinoplasty. Depending on the severity and anatomical reason for this asymmetry surgery may be an option to correct this.  I would recommend you consult with a board – certified plastic surgeon to discuss this further. 

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. The doctor in a nearby clinic is correct. Surgical correction through a rhinoplasty procedure is the only way to adjust the nostrils permanently. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose

Putting fingers into your nose cannot make the nose wide or fat or enlarge the pores. Conversely, squeezing the nose, cannot make the nose smaller or narrower.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon