How long after rhinoplasty can fake septum rings be worn?

This is meaning the type of rings that cling onto your septum/columella? Not sure but not getting an actual piercing.

Post rhinoplasty and septal rings

Hello,As most of the other surgeons have commented, mine is in line with their opinions.  Ask your surgeon that question and you may need to shown him/her the ring that clings on the septum or columella.  Best of luck!

San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fake septum rings after rhinoplasty

This is a very specific question and probably should be reviewed with your surgeon. Even though there is no actual piercing, weight or pressure on the septum can affect the final result. I would not recommend wearing a septum ring for at least 3 months or more depending on how things are healing.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Septum ring

I recommend that you ask your surgeon about this.  You definitely would not want the ring to affect the final outcome and discussing this with your surgeon, who did you surgery, will be best.  Good luck!

Sunny Park, MD, MPH
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear luvjelena, I would suggest taking a septum ring with you to your surgeons office so that he/she can review the ring, check its weight and then advise you regarding usage. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty and fake septum ring

Recovering from rhinoplasty includes a fair number of restrictions and asking questions about anything not explicitly written in your post-operative instructions is a good thing.
Septum rings that don't actually pierce the septum should not be a problem. It's important to keep them clean to prevent the introduction of bacteria to your healing nose. Larger rings that are heavy may put unwanted pressure on the nose. I would recommend showing your surgeon the ring just to be sure. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fake septum rings

Hello luvjelena and thank you for your question. There is no hard and fast rule on septum rings. I would talk to your surgeon about your question and perhaps bring a ring with you to the appointment so that he can ensure it is not going to compromise your final result.