Grew dorsal hump overnight? (Photo)

I practically grew a dorsal hump overnight. I am an 18 year old female. It developed literally over a day and I don't know what happened. I hit my nose on the side of a swimming pool, but it didn't really hurt other than a scab. I've always had a tiny dorsal hump, but never one like this. It's been a month and it still hasn't gone away. It feels like hard. I can't deal with this, what is it? Will it go away? Is it possible I did something to my nose when I hit it?

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.
In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Nasal issue

At one month, it may still be related to swelling. I would give it a good six months before considering any type of surgery.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal after trauma

Trauma to the nose can cause a displaced, or a non-displaced nasal fracture. Trauma to the nose especially along the bridge line can cause a growth of excess  bone which makes the hump appear worse. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing and straightening the bridge line. For more information and many examples, please see  the link and the video below

Grew a Dorsal Nasal Hump Overnight

With your history of recent trauma the new fullness of your bridge is probably related. All of your questions are very appropriate but can only be answered after an examination by a rhinoplasty specialist.

Sudden bump

Given that there was trauma, we can be sure that the trauma was the cause. There is bone and cartilage under the skin.When the damage is severe enough there is also bleeding, inside, at the injury site. Blood is inflammatory and causes swelling and tenderness. Displaced bone or cartilage will also cause irregularity. Get evaluated by an expert. Sometimes the bump will improve or get better. Sometimes, if its just swelling, a steroid injection will be used, otherwise, surgery will be needed, later on

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Imquinnw, it looks like you injured the rhinion which is the growth center of your nose. However that is is guess and only an exam by an experienced specialist will help answer this correctly. No matter it should be relatively easy to fix. Make sure you see someone that does "only faces"! Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Deformity after Injury

It's possible that your injury caused a non-displaced nasal bone fracture or cartilage contusion. Often your body forms a callus to repair the underlying injury and this results a hard bump on your bridge. It may be several months before this area returns to "normal", but sometimes surgery is required to repair the damage. 
I would recommend seeing a Facial Plastic Surgeon for a consultation and ask for recommendations about what can or should be done. Hopefully your injury was not serious enough to require surgery, but a specialist can guide you in managing your nasal appearance now and in the future. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal Bump

It looks like your dorsal hump may be he result of trauma.  This bump in the rhino region is usually the result of damage to the nasal bones and cartilage.  As the body heals, it develops scar tissue, a callus, or even small amount of new bone formation.  This is a very common issue, as many individuals have a history of some sort of nasal trauma.  This can be addressed surgically and the bump taken down.  I would advise you consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon, as timing from the injury, presence of bone vs scar, and any other nasal issues need to be evaluated to give you the best result.

John Harbison, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dorsal hump

It's unlikely you grew "a hump". It's more likely that you may have fractured or displaced your septum, or had a small hematoma of the septum. This has left you with a small saddle deformity of the septum which creates a "pseudohump" due to the depression of the cartilage. You need more expert direct evaluation.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon