Hair Trimming after 2 weeks post FUE?

I had a hair transplant (FUE) 17 days ago, today is 18th day post procedure. I did not shave my head for the treatment since it was just the hairline(1146 grafts to be precise). My actual hair has gone pretty messy in this span of healing. I wish to trim it to the size of the transplanted hair(which would be a grade 1 trim). My scabs haven't completely fallen. Is it advisable to trim at this point? Even the donor area?

Trimming

Generally the wait time to do that is two weeks, when all the crusts have fallen. But since you still have some at day 18 then I would advise you to keep waiting until you have no more crusts. Be sure you are keeping up with regular washing, because they should have been gone by day 14 at the latest. Once the crusts are gone you are free to get whatever kind of haircut you want.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you want to trim your hair two weeks post FUE, there should be no issue in general. If you are concerned, contact your docto

If you want to trim your hair two weeks post FUE, there should be no issue in general.  If you are concerned, contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Haircut after #hairtransplant

we usually suggest to get a haircut two weeks after hair transplant or when you are completely healed. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Trimming is fine

Hello. It is good to ask before hand. You can trim once the transplanted and donor area heal. This takes approximately between one to two weeks. If you see that everything up there is back to normal, then go for it. Most doctors recommend waiting at least two weeks to make sure your scalp healed completely.Best of lucks!

William Yates, MD
Chicago Hair Restoration Surgeon

Trimming the hair

Trimming the hair before all of the crusts are off is not very productive and runs the risks of dislodging the grafts. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon