22 days after FUE and still scabbing. Any suggestions?

Hello I did hair transplantation of 4500 grafts FUE and I am still scabbing... Is this normal ? I am showering once daily as my doctor told my and I am rubbing to remove scabs but next day I found scab again ... I am using some kind of oil to make scabs softer ... But still scabbing what to do ??

If you are having issues with washing your hair and scabs, go back to your doctor for a recheck.

If you are having issues with washing your hair and scabs, go back to your doctor for a recheck.  It may take several hair washings to remove the scabs.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Crusting at 21 days

Good washing should have taken all of the crusts off within 1 days of the surgery and kept them from reforming. You were not very aggressive after the transplant for keeping it crust free

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op care after hair transplant

your scabs should have been gone by two weeks after the procedure. If you have concerns you need to do a follow up with your doctor.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Still scabbing 22 days after 4500 FUE

loaimz,Thank you for the question, but I need to see high resolution images. Not sure what you mean by scabbing. A scab is the surface epithelium of the graft and the crust that sometimes adhere to it. We recommend active shampooing twice per day with special care not to rub sideways to prevent dislodging the grafts. Use a gentle light tap with the later. After 4 days a topical ointment like bacitracin can be applied to the recipient area to accelerate the healing.
Sincerely,
Bernardino Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon