FUE - will old hair still grow back after FUE hair transplant? (photos)

Hello, below is a photo of my hair before and after (14 days post op) FUE hair transplant. I have been told that the implanted hairs will fall out and this is called shock loss and that they will begin to grow again after 3 months post op. What I wanted to know is what about the hair I had from before, will that grow back too? If so, when will that grow back? Once the implanted hairs fall? After 3 months at the same time as the new hair? Thank you.

If your old native hairs don't fall out from shock hair loss, there is no reason to believe why it would not grow back.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair regrowth

Hair in the hair grafts falls out after a hair transplant and also the native hair may fall out which is what is called shock loss (see below)

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon