I had FUE 4 months ago to the date, 2500 grafts total, 800-1000 of those on the crown. Is this common? (Photos)

On the picture, the left side is today and the right side is operation day. I was thinning on my crown but now I've lost almost everything since the operation. Is this common to this extent?

If surgery is done prematurely some patients can have shock hair loss that is not reversible. It is best to follow up with your

If surgery is done prematurely some patients can have shock hair loss that is not reversible.  It is best to follow up with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

4 moths following a hair transplant

It is too early to see what you have. Growth should reach 80% by the 8th month and 95% by the 12 months. Be patient

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shock Loss after hair transplant

It would seem you have suffered some shock loss in the crown (Recipient area). It is typically a temporary phenomenon resolving between 3 and 6 months after surgery. It can be permanent in very rare occasions however. You should begin applying minoxidil 5% twice a day after consulting your operating physician as it may hasten the return of the lost hair. The shock loss is often caused by the trauma of preparing slits during the transplantation process. It can be minimized by making the slits between hair follicles instead of blindly on top of the follicles. Using minoxidil before and after surgery may also be helpful in reducing the incident.Good luck

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

4 months after FUE, 800-1000 grafts to crown area

jstock08,So then the left picture is showing much less hair than the before picture. The best course is to have follow up with your surgeon. Do you feel stubble on light touching of the transplanted area? At 4 months there should be lots. There are many reasons for accelerated hair loss or shock loss, but without being there, or even examining you post-op it would be conjecture.
Bernardino Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon