I hate my nose it's so fat and It makes me so insecure. I feel like I would be happier if it was smaller. (photo)

What can I do to change the appearance of my fat nose? Do you think I need surgery?

Rhinoplasty procedure

Hi,

If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose then you are a candidate for rhinoplasty procedure. According to your photo you seem to have a bulbous tip. You can benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which will reshape your nose at the focal point. It is best to get your photos computer imaged so you can have a realistic picture of what your nose could look like after surgery. Feel free to email me your pictures.

Dr. S

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

I hate my nose, it's so fat and it makes me so insecure. I would be happier if it were smaller

A full set of facial photographs are required including the nose to make a determination about what can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure. From the one very limited photograph, it appears that there's a wide nasal tip  and a wide nasal bridge which can be narrowed.  Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience with the procedure producing natural results. For more information and many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

You need to be in person to be appropriately evaluated.  A rhinoplasty may be of benefit. Best of luck.

Wide Nose

Any wide nose can be narrowed by adjusting the thin nose bones and cartilages. Your nose is slightly more challenging than an average nose because of minimally thicker than average skin, a condition called cephalic orientation of the lower lateral cartilages, notching and asymmetry of your nostrils (your right nostril is wider) and slight deviation of your tip to the left. You may wish to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who has enough expertise to notice these and deliver a pleasing outcome.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend submitting a profile view of your nose for more accurate opinions. Based on the frontal view, it appears you have a bulbous nasal tip. You would benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. These incisions can be made discretely on the inside or outside of the nose. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so they can perform a physical examination and review of your medical history to determine whether a rhinoplasty is a good option for you. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon