I am 3 months post rhinoplasty - will my tip continue to drop and refine?

I had primary rhinoplasty 3 months ago and feel that the tip of my nose is too round/bulbous and that the tip is also slightly too lifted. Is this likely to continue to drop and refine? I wanted a more 'pointed' look and instead it's very rounded. My nose still feels quite tight, especially around the scar, which I'm hoping means there is still a lot of swelling? Thank you!

3 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. Your nose is still healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. You still have swelling which can cause the appearance of an enlarged or upturned tip. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Swelling Can Last Up to A Year

The swelling after rhinoplasty surgery can last up to a full year.  3 months is early to see the final result.  The nasal skin and soft tissue envelope will continue to "shrink wrap" over the bony and cartilage structure for months after the surgery.  I would contact your rhinoplasty surgeon to get a better idea of what is going on.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon