Going from flat chested to 600cc implants? (photos)

I'm 26, 5'5, 160lbs and I would like to be a full D after implants. My breasts never really grew, even though I've been pregnant, then overweight (just lost 90lbs in a year!) My boobs were the one thing that always looked the same so I don't know how my skin elasticity is. I actually don't mind the fake look. I'm scheduled for surgery October 6th but I'm worried I won't be able to achieve a full D since I'm starting out with pretty much nothing. Is it possible to go from not even a A, to a D?

Going from flat chest to 600cc breast implants

The sizing process is an important part of the consultation. Cup size is not an accurate method, as the cup size will be different for different bra brands that fit. 

In the sizing process, there is a balance between a patient's desired look and what can be achieved based on the anatomy. In other words, not any size implant can be placed in any sized breast. The common factors for determining the anatomic limits are the implant and breast diameter and the looseness and consistency of the breast tissue and skin. Doing this via photos is not possible, and this is the reason for an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon in person.

Sincerely,

Thomas C. Wiener, MD

this information is not a substitute for a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sincerely,

Thomas C. Wiener, MD

Can you go from A cup to a D cup with breast implants?

Yes, this is entirely possible. While we prefer to talk in terms of cc's rather than cup size, it is possible to achieve this with implants 600-650cc in size. I prefer to "size" patients with implant sizers which are tried on in a special bra. Doing this allows you to try on many different sizes to see what look feels best to you. We can then determine the cc's needed in order to achieve that look. Women often make the mistake of not going large enough because they're afraid of what friends will think, or the number sounds too big, or a friend got 400's so you think that's what you should get. Explore your options and make the choice that's best for YOU!

Breast augmentation

Thanks for sharing your photos and question.
Based on your photos, you should have a great result from breast augmentation.
Although I do not like to talk breast size in "cup" size as cup size varies greatly depending on thebrand and style of bra, you should be able to have full D with implant.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be examined in-person.  Please review before and after photo gallery and share your desired look with your plastic surgeon.  Based on examination of your body and understanding of your goal, your plastic surgeon should guide you to the right implant size/profile.  
Best wishes with your surgery and recovery.

Breast augmentation

Going from flat chested to 600cc implants

Focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Patient's often regret decisions based on extraneous factors as you may end up with suboptimal result. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should be measured during your consult and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile (or SRF) would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD, particularly in a 32-34. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like, pick that style! This requires a consult, exam, measurements and sizing with a board certified plastic surgeon. My patients select the implant style and their chest dimensions dictate the number of cc's. I make specific recommendations to each and every of the augmentation patients I see annually based on: 1) dimensional planning 2) expressed goals 3) amount and quality of tissue to hide the implant. I have included a link with my explanation of the different implants and what to expect from your consult as well as hundreds of before and after photos to see what change implants of a particular size deliver. Best of luck. #drfeldman #BancroftFeldman #breastaugmentation #sugarland #HoustonTX

Large Breast Implant Complications

Thank you for your question and photos. 600 ccs is a large increase for one surgery. You may find that the implants have difficulty settling/dropping and you will have to discuss potential issues with healing that you might have. I recommend that you ensure your goals and expectations are realistic for this surgery so that you will not be disappointed.

All the best

Large Breast Implant Complications

All the best

BA

Your skin envelope does not look like it would accommodate a 600 cc implant.  If it does, it may be very tight and painful at least in the beginning.  It may also not look right for some time as the implant will tend to migrate superiorly with respect to your nipples.  I would suggest a more conservative implant size and then as the skin and soft tissues stretch over 1-2 years, going larger at that point. Best wishes, Dr. T.

BA

Big Implant in Small Breast

One of the first things I learned about breast implant surgery was to avoid an implant that exceeds the ability of the skin to hold.  The problems that come from doing this can be hard to correct.

Big Implant in Small Breast

Going from flat chested to 600cc implants?

With the limited volume and questionable elasticity of your skin I doubt 600 cc's will fit. Best to consider either 2 stages of surgeries or an expander implant that can be inflated to expand the pockets volume. These options add $$$s to the surgeries.

Risks and complications increase with larger breast implants

Thank you for your question and helpful photos.

I'm afraid you will be much larger than a D cup with 600cc implants. You will also be at higher risk for complications such as: CC, chronic pain, irreversible soft tissue damage, nipple numbness, skin stretch deformities, malposition of the implant, etc. Please reconsider and seek a second opinion. Implants this large can have detrimental consequences long term. Please visit the breast augmentation revision forum on this site for more information.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Large implant

Placing an implant that large on your first augmentation may lead to stretch marks and skin looseness over time. Also a higher rate of capsular contracture. Best of luck 

Large implant